Carpet is a valuable product that reflects Iranian culture; therefore, we must be careful in maintaining it. One of the things that must have happened to you is “folding the carpet”.
The correct way of folding the carpet will prevent possible damage to the carpet, because if you fold the carpet incorrectly, your carpet’s wrap and waft will definitely break and it will never return to its original shape.
Here, we decide to describe the steps of “how to fold the carpet” in the right way.
If you want to fold large carpets and make them small, make sure to follow the steps below.
- In the first step, spread the carpet completely facing backwards on the floor.
- Fold the carpet lengthwise from one of the right or left edges by one third.
- Fold the other edge so that the next third is completely on the folded part and the carpet is rectangular.
- Flatten the carpet and find its wrap; then, opposite the carpet wrap, fold another third widthway.
- Empty the carpet; Sit with your knees on the folded back of the carpet and fold the next folded third so that the carpet turns into a small rectangle.
- Finally, fold the carpet tightly with a tight rope so that it does not open during transport.
Important points to fold the carpet when you do not want to use it.
It may have happened to you that you wanted to keep the carpet and not use it for a time. At this time, to maintain the folded carpet, you should consider the tips so that your carpet is completely healthy.
- First of all, it is better to use a carpet cover that does not penetrate as much as possible.
It is interesting to know that fabric is much better than plastic cover. Because if these covers are in a warm place, they will definitely get sweaty and moldy.
- Another very old and practical method is to pour naphthalene or put some mothball on the carpet. This is to prevent the carpet from insects like moths.
- In general, never keep the carpet folded for a long time! Spread the carpet once in a while.
By following these tips, you can increase the lifespan of your carpets; also, for more advice, you can Contact Us, you will be given the best and most accurate information with the help of our expert consultant.